How to Prepare Your Skin for the Weather Change
It’s time to get our face and body ready for the cooler weather! Here are a few tips to keep the skin hydrated and glowing this year!
1) Drink Plenty of water and be sure to balance out your tea/caffeine intake!
2) Treat yourself to a hydrating facial at the spa and be sure to maintain a healthy home care regiment. If you need help with your home plan, email me, and we can make one that is simple and easy to follow.
3) Your skin will respond better to hydrating treatments if the dead cells are removed. Exfoliating your face and body on a regular basis will make your moisturizers more effective because they are better absorbed and prevent your skin from flaking. You can alternate between a scrub, peel or exfoliating mask for the face and use sugar or salt scrubs for the body to reveal radiant skin!
4) When bathing, you want to avoid drying out your skin! Modify the temperature of the water and the amount of time you are in the shower or bath. After you’re done bathing, it’s time to replenish and seal in the moisture! Gently pat your skin with a bath towel and apply moisturizer on your damp skin!
5) Always wear sunscreen! It doesn’t matter if you are going to the beach or not! There are still damaging rays that your skin is exposed to! Apply a generous amount to your face, neck, check, hands, and any other area that is exposed! Keep some sunscreen and a lip balm with an SPF in your purse or gym bag to make reapplying sunscreen more convenient.
6) Wear clothing that protects your skin from the harsh wind and stay dry! If your clothes are wet, remove them as soon as you can to prevent irritation on the skin.
Grab a fabulous pair of gloves for your hands, some moisturizer, and keep your skin sparkling! Follow these simple steps, and you will be looking vibrant for all of your holiday parties and Fall/Winter events!
Photo from fbeyondbeautybasics.com